Constance "Connie" Julia Burnside was born on July 20, 1931 and passed on May 1, 2020 at the age 88. She was preceded in death by her parents Louise and Louis Spero, siblings George (Mary), Lawrence (Ruby), and Antoinette, husband of 45 years Edward B. Burnside. Constance graduated from Holy Family High School in north Denver, Colorado in 1949 and went on to the University of Denver. Constance married Ed in 1952 and they welcomed their first child shortly thereafter. Constance was survived by four children, David A. Burnside (Marilyn), Susan L. Hughes (Alan), Jean M. Denny (Kevin), and Janet L. Marcy. Eight grandchildren Amanda M. Myers (Jason), Leif M. Pederson (Stacy), Brandon S. Reinsel, Britta Pischer (Rory), Louis E. Marcy, Julia A. Marcy, Ronald Bucar Jr. and Dustin K. Bucar. She is also survived by 12 great grandchildren, and two great-great grandchildren.
Connie enjoyed raising her children, she was the leader of several girl scout troops, she was active in the PTA, enjoyed making and collecting dolls and music boxes. Connie enjoyed family gatherings and sharing her faith and heritage with her grandchildren. After the passing of her husband Ed in 1997, she moved from Waterton Canyon in Douglas County, Colorado closer to her family in the Denver Metropolitan area where she met John Brandt, they enjoyed traveling, going to movies, and having the grandchildren over. In 2010, Connie was introduced to her visiting angel Karen who provided her with companionship and assisted her with everyday living. In 2011, Connie moved into assisted living and eventually memory care. While in assisted living and memory care Connie enjoyed visits from her family and friends, chocolate shakes, going out for hamburgers and french fries, and an occasional manicure. While in memory care Connie found a love for music, she enjoyed listening and singing to Connie was very loved and will be missed enormously by her family and friends.
Viewing will take place at Drinkwine Mortuary located at 999 West Littleton Blvd. Denver, CO 80120, on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 5:00pm, the Rosary will take place for immediate family members only at 6:00pm following the viewing. Funeral Mass will be held on Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 10:00 am at All Saints Catholic Church located at 2559 S Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80219.
This will be the first funeral service at All Saints since the virus outbreak and while we are allowed to have more than 10 in attendance, there are some very strict social distancing rules that MUST be followed.
1. Everyone attending the service must wear a mask at all times, children under the age of two do not have to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask our family will provide you with one.
2. Everyone must use hand-sanitizer upon entering the church.
3. When you enter the church you must immediately be seated, congregating of any kind in the vestibule will not be allowed.
4. You are only allowed to sit with the people who reside in your home. You cannot sit with people who do not reside in your home.
5. Families (who reside together) will be seated in every other pew and 6 feet apart.
6. If you partake in communion, it will be placed in your hand, not in your mouth.
7. When the service is over please exit the building immediately and proceed to your car.
We strongly encourage friends and family members who do not feel comfortable attending to participate virtually on the day of the funeral please log on via Webex below.
JOIN WEBEX MEETING
Meeting number (access code): 291 976 544
Host key: 737705
Meeting password: R2Ys2BdKTJ6 (72972235 from phones and video systems)